Search This Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I know... I'm not very chatty this week. There's just so much going on... I got out of jury duty for a few days, after an hour of waiting around for plea bargaining... doesn't that sort of imply admission of guilt? What the heck did they have a jury pool standing around for? Oh yeah... it's Taos... Anyway, we're on call for 2 months, so that drags it into sometime in March. I'm not thrilled. At least I remembered to bring a notebook though - I sat there looking surly and suspicious, and wrote a lot. Not a total waste of time...

The raffle for Jean Yates is hopping along at a good pace. I'd love to see all the tickets sold this week, so I can get the money to her, get the prizes to the winners, and get back to concentrating on making beads. I can do it all, of course! It's just easier if I don't have to. So help me out. Buy a bunch of tickets.

I want to thank Chris Bettini for turning me on to a book called "Curly Girl", by Lorraine Massey. She saw the photo of me here a few weeks ago - this one, where I looked like a tumbleweed in a black sweater...

and she bravely and sweetly stepped in to offer some advice! If you have curly hair, and you're lost in the woods as far as caring for it, styling it, nurturing it, read the book! And then go to AvenueYou for the wonderful Deva Curl line of products. It's made a huge difference in my relationship to my hair! We all know how important that is! Now I'm "embracing my curly nature", and look more like this...

I think I'll even let it get a little longer again. We're friends for the first time ever.

And last, but certainly not least, a belated Happy Valentine's Day to you! I used to think of it as a silly Hallmark Holiday, but I've changed my mind. Now I see it as something more like "Loving Day", as Danny used to call it when he was little. A day to share the love in any way you can. Romance is all fine and good, but the world needs bigger LOVE than that. Hope you got the chance to spread some around!

No comments: