Search This Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

new shoes change everything...



I ordered these completely impractical shoes from an ebay seller last week. They're Betsey Johnsons - a long time favorite designer of mine. I was actually looking for a purse that's out of season now, and like the local elk, impossible to hunt down once it's gone...
But there were the shoes, flirting with me like no boy has done in a very long time. What could I do but invite them home? The price was right, so I paid up and waited for them to arrive at my door. The seller had accidentally put them in the "wrong stack" and forgot to mail them for days and days. When I finally emailed to ask where they were, she got right on it and FedEx'ed them to me, Saturday delivery and all. There they were this morning, waiting to cheer me up, take my mind off of jury duty, and make my cold feel all better.

I put them on right away, and tottered around like I was playing dress-up in my mommy's shoes. They're just a bit too big, and I can't walk in them, but I love them ever so much...
I wore them in the studio all day, with red socks, because it's cold out there. I might never wear them anyplace else. But that's sort of why I bought them anyway. In the reality of Taos, I wear Crocs, Uggs, and pink rubber rain boots. There's little room in my life for "girl shoes". Ah... but a little playful inspiration on my feet can only be good for the beads! Bead party at my house! Everyone dress silly and plan to be inspired! Now where did I leave my tiara???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely shoes Kim !!! Would you up any place, maybe you shoudl take them to wear when you're next on the jury, just sit there and look down at your lovely new flower shoes and be happy !!
;o)