Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007



What could possibly be cuter than new babies in spring? This is Blondie. My friend Pamella Radwan sent me this picture. She says she got Blondie for her daughter, Adriana, but I wonder... she does talk an awful lot about the new little petster... who's is she really...?

We watched Zen And Zero last night. It's about a group of Austrian surfer guys who go to Costa Rica in search of great waves. I've never tried surfing, so I don't really get the appeal of being knocked down by giant sand-laden waves and tumbled til I'm smooth as beach glass. Sounds like a kinky spa treatment. What I do think I get is the connection to nature, when everything lines up just right, and you live in perfection for just a moment or two. I haven't actually felt it in a while, but it's good to be reminded that it's out there. The Austrian surfers talked about Zero as that place of perfection. We tend to think of Zero as "nothing". But maybe it's really when everything is balanced, even, level. Maybe Zero is everything. The Austrian surfer guys said that if, at the end of the day, they're at Zero, then there's nothing else to ask for. I think there's something to be learned there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable sweet baby. What kind of baby is it? Doesn't even look old enough to be weened.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what a lovely little Blondie, he looks so sweet !

Kim Miles said...

It's a hamster! Guess I should have mentioned that... :0)
Kim