Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

mother's day


I'm not a big fan of Mother's Day. I've never felt worthy of all that silly adoration that goes with the day. I do the best I can as a mom, and I know my kids know it and love me, so we all agree to make a minimal fuss over this particular holiday. Danny called me from Seattle, and Julia came over for dinner and made me a terrific Pirate Earring. Lauren is home for the summer now, so she soaked in the hot tub with me before dinner. She had been unpacking her things all day, and I'd been working, so we were both tired and in need of some spa time.

I normally take Sundays off, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. We had gone to Albuquerque on Friday to help Lauren move home, so that was my day off this week. And now this whole week is looking crazy and short. More on that in a day or two. Meanwhile, back at the Bead Ranch, I have the first Graceland Bead to show you. Start with the picture above. Then when you turn the bead around, you see this...

And a little zoom for you...

Bead ideas come from unexpected places. Listen to Paul Simon's Graceland. That's where this came from.
This particular bead is not for sale, but there will be others... and they will be expensive. Start saving your lunch money and come see me tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just love your new 'window to the soul' (or heart !) beads Kim ! They're so cool and unusual. They remind me a bit of the little old cottages over here that have roses growing round the doors and windows. Very pretty ! I love the way you've posted them up this week as well, as a preview, that's a GREAT idea ! ;o)