Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

on the ball

Like so many people who work "small", I have a lot of trouble with my back, neck, and shoulders. I've noticed that my posture is just terrible when I sit in the regular office chair I have at the torch. I try to remember to sit up straight, but the dumb chair really encourages slumping. So I ordered a yoga ball chair. It arrived yesterday, and it's cool! Sleek and beautiful, and the big red rubber ball is like a giant toy. I'm sitting on it now, nice and straight. And rather than slumping, it encourages bouncing and stretching. It's even supposed to work those pesky core muscles I'm so good at neglecting. I don't know if this will be good for beadmaking, but I'm sure going to give it a try. Guess I'll have to cover it with a beach towel, so flying glass doesn't pop it! Want one of your own? I got mine from Amazon. Here's a link, and a photo. No that isn't me on the chair... I'm much older and fluffier!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love this 'chair', I too have pain in my back, neck and shoulders and it got so bad at one time that I had to see an osteopath to sort me out, he was wonderful and I could turn my head again ! I sit at a desk most of the day and when I'm not typing I'm making my jewellery too, this sounds like a winner I think I'll have to get one too, it reminds me of the 'Hopper' ball! Thanks !

Anonymous said...

Hi again Kim ! Take a look at this link
http://images.uk.ask.com/pictures?o=0&qsrc=6&l=dir&q=Posture+Exercises

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I just want to bounce it!

Anonymous said...

I want one.... and so do the girls! We all have a tendency to slump in our crummy old office chairs. One problem though: nothing scares our dog more than a large ball... We have no idea why!!!