Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

nothing much

How is it possible that I have nothing to talk about? The weather? Always a safe topic... It's cold. It snowed on Sunday. Now I find myself boiling extra water for my tea in the morning so I can melt the birdbath and make them a nice little birdy spa in the middle of the frost-covered patio. And the cats are getting new "cave" beds so they'll be warm. They're getting old, and even though they don't want to be in the house with the Evil Dog, I'm moving them into the guest bathroom each night, so they don't turn into kitty popsicles out in the studio. Adapting to the cold and making beads... it's about all I have time for these days...

I'm pretty pleased with my new butterfly beads. The whole bead thing, for me, is becoming more and more like collage. I look around in unlikely, un-beady places for things and materials I can add to the glass. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It's always worth a try.

So that will be my day today. Staying warm and playing with fire at least go well together. Hope you're having a good week! I'll try to be more interesting soon... meanwhile, here's a bead for you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs. Im in the Southern part of Il. and it is a great wonderful Autumn day. I love your beads.