Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

april phooey

I just want to say, I'm not a big fan of April Fool's Day. I like a good joke as much as anyone, but this silly day has devolved into an excuse to play mean tricks on each other. I don't want to play! I want to start a new tradition... something like April Nice Day, where we all go out and buy each other lunch or something. It needs work, and maybe a better name. So until I get it all sorted out, I'm hiding here at home where nobody can get me. It's a beautiful spring day. How about if we all just go outside and blow bubbles?

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I'm in full agreement. Though I enjoy jokes, most pranks are cruel and juvenile and simply not funny. So, I join you in wishing everyone a Happy April Nice Day!

Anonymous said...

I don't particularly like April Fool's Day silliness either... but I'm all for bubbles: I just got out the bottles I have from last summer and we'll play when the girls come back from school!! The dog loves catching bubbles... :+)Thanks for the idea, it will be a hit and may become a new April 1st tradition at our home!