Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

to knit with love

Maia sent me a link to this nifty scarf pattern, thinking it would work well with my new Caviar Beads. I think she's right. I want to make one, so I thought some of you might too. It's called the Amulet Scarf, and the free pattern can be found here at KnitPicks.



Just think of all the things you can do with this! Gather up all sorts of meaningful little doo-dads, and knit 'em into a fuzzy treasure for yourself or someone wonderful. If you come up with one of these, or something else fabulous, using my Caviar Beads, send me a picture. I'm gathering images to post someplace for inspiration!

Haven't seen the new beads yet? Here they are. Compared to most of my other beads, these are istsy-bitsy things, shown here with size seven knitting needles. They're made in small batches from hand mixed glass, they're properly annealed (duh!), the holes are nice and smooth, and I clean each one with a diamond burr, so there's no chalky bead release left to flake off on your yarn. I'm using some in a knitted bag, and the hole size was easy to string on worsted weight yarn with the help of a thin bit of wire, bent in half and used as a needle. I think they're really quite wonderful.





Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Kim...I am not a knitter, but I am happy YOU are-those bags look lovely! Can't wait to see the beaded knitted items too. Your photos of the snow are soothing and gorgeous.

Are you done with Ethiopia stories? I believe there are several more lurking in there...