Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007


A funny note about language, and misunderstanding...
Susanne Wichert sends me pictures of the cool jewelry she makes, but the last two pieces haven't had "my" beads in them , so I don't post them on the Designer Gallery Blog. She's cool with that.
The other day she said she'd gotten some old bowling pins, from an alley that closed down near Seattle, and she was making a necklace... I'm thinking - hmmm, seems like they might be kind of heavy, but I'd sure like to see a picture of this...


Ahhhh! Bowling pins, not bowling pins! We were using the same words, but speaking a totally different language. Makes me wonder how often this happens, how often we think we know what someone is saying, and actually have no clue. Kind of like "the other side of the cheese"... communication is so very tricky...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun necklace--so cool!

Mary Timme said...

Yep, that's English for you. Tricky, Tricky, Tricky!