Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

a long and winding weekend...

It was Lauren's 21st birthday this past weekend. A good excuse for the family to get together, so Danny flew in from Seattle to celebrate Lauren's day, as well as his own 25th birthday. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of action...

Lauren's day started out sweetly, with cupcakes (of course!), and gifts before going to dinner at the OBL.



After dinner (thank goodness she ate...) someone (the Birthday Girl) decided it was time for flaming drinks at the bar.


This is where it all went sideways...


I paced myself, but somehow, I magically became a backup singer!


It took a village to keep track of the girl, but at some point her "friends" found her and she got away from us at the bar. This is a pretty accurate image of how she felt compared to everyone else...


There was nothing for her to do the next day but sleep while the rest of us went snowshoeing...



I think Too Much Fun will be enough for her for a while. But she is in college... I don't wanna know...
~~~
There's nothing to liven up a family gathering like big wax lips. It turned into an instant Angelina Jolie look-alike contest!



On Danny's birthday, we went sledding, and then out for a nice, civilized dinner.



I'm glad I remembered to have the family photo taken before everyone took off. It was a great weekend!



~~~
Next stop - Tucson! See you there, or here, pretending you're there... I'll be there... with a camera, and you know I'm not afraid to use it!

No comments: