Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy loving day


Today is Loving Day. That's what my son used to call Valentine's Day when he was little. I like that. It includes everyone and means something bigger than hearts and flowers and sappy cards. I'm all for the romantic stuff, but this year my Valentine Boyfriend is away for the holiday, so I'm looking at it in a different way. I hope we'll all be reminded to share some love wherever we can. And in the spirit of hope, I want to show you the new HOPE Blog the Cunningham Foundation has started. They're the HOPE Bracelet Project people. Lovely people doing wondrous work!

The Hope Bracelet Project is doing so much good for so many people, and now we can show you with videos! This is very exciting. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video must be worth a million! I recommend three in particular, to give you a good idea of what the project is doing...
Start with Video Blog: HOPE Heart Beads Promotion Video to see some beads being made.
Next, watch Video Blog: Ethiopia Trip 2007 Jordan Junge Interview for a young person's personal experience in Ethiopia.
Then listen to my dear friend Marta speak from her great big heart to all of us who were at the HOPE Bracelet First Pick Party in November. Video Blog: Marta Gabre-Tsadick at First Pick Party. I love Marta. I would do most anything for her. She even has me promising to go to Ethiopia in a year or so, which is something I never thought I would do. HaHa! I've never been to Hawaii, but I'd pass up a free ticket if I could trade it in on a trip to visit orphans in Africa. Not that anyone is offering either at the moment, but I do live a charmed life, so I expect it all to work out!

So enjoy the videos and the rest of the blog. If you feel inspired to help, please do! Maybe in the name of someone you love, in honor of Loving Day. It would mean a lot more that another box of chocolates.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Share some Love!
Tag, you're it!

No comments: