Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2007

airport

This is my first airport blog. I'm not a world traveler, and we usually prefer to drive most places. But this morning I got a call from my sister, about my Dad, and here I am a few hours later, catching a plane to San Jose. We don't know exactly what's going on yet, but it will take all three Miles Girls to sort it out. Without going into too much family stuff, I'll just say that I hope he'll be OK, and I thank you all for your love and support while I'm away.

There is also some good news in the middle of all this. Lauren (my sorority girl) is on the Homecoming Court, and just might be elected Homecoming Queen tomorrow! Of course her Hippie-Artist-Mother doesn't really get it, but I do support it. A bit of silliness right now is a very good idea.

So wish her luck. It's good to be Queen. Wish my Dad all things good and comforting.
I'll be in touch!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Wishing you a safe journey and sending good thoughts to your dad...may he have a speedy recovery.

Lauren Miller

Anonymous said...

I'll be wearing my "Kim Miles earrings" these next days to remind me to keep you, your Dad and your family in my heart.....wanting for each of you whatever it is that you need right now. Peace...........

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I'm sending good thoughts to you and your family. Dealing with older parents can be difficult sometimes.

Beadily yours
Susan Feldkamp
Night Beader

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

And of course, wish winning thoughts for your daughter. What a fun experience.

Sue

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

wishing you everything good and more

xox

Jackie Mixon said...

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep strong Kim! Gobs of good luck to your daughter, what an honor!