Search This Blog

Sunday, September 02, 2007

cheese poetry

Wonderful dinner and company at Anne & Peter's last night, and as we left, they gifted us with a precious jar of home made cherry jam. We wondered what to pair it with this morning. Sunday is Eat Anything day, and we seriously wanted jam for breakfast, but didn't have any bread in the house. But ah! We did have tortillas... and cheese! I made simple quesadillas with little blops of cherry jam inside. Heaven. Trust me. Cheese and jam are Very Good Friends.

Like I learned at my first job ever, at Marie Callender's...
Apple pie without some cheese
Is like a kiss without a squeeze

So I suppose it follows...
Cheesy tortilla without some jam
is like...


Never mind. I'm heading for some sort of David Bowie reference there. I know of at least a few kids who read my blog, and don't want to corrupt any young minds...

Last up on the Cheese Parade this morning, Lauren had to write some Haiku for a class. This is my favorite of the bunch...

Hello Kitty Yum
How you smush my cheesy snack
Best sandwich ever

... I say you might add some cherry jam...

No comments: