Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

...and the party never ends...

I know I loudly proclaimed that I was having NO PARTIES this summer... think I should loudly proclaim that I will NOT win the LOTTERY, and see if it works the same way...
Monday was Rae's birthday. Of course I took it upon myself to create an impromptu celebration. I think I'm learning how to have an un-planned party and actually enjoy it myself. Good thing to know! I worked all day, so didn't have time for a shower... just washed my face and kept going. We ordered chips, salsa, and guacamole from the Guadalajara Grill. They make the best in town, and cheap! Then we made quesadillas with grilled veggies, and ate them right from the stove. The Very Special Birthday Dessert was served outside by the fireplace. When was the last time you had a Twinkie??? We had ours with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and champagne. I assure you, it was wonderful! Now can you see the grand earrings I made for Rae? They have turquoise, amethyst, and red CZ drops on hammered sterling silver. They're elegant and queenly in a southwest sort of way. Think I'll need some for myself!

Amanda dropped by for a little while. She will be our real estate goddess when it comes time to sell our house.



And a little catching up... Rick is building a sweet little guest casita out back. It's really more like a sleeping room. No bathroom. Like camping with a real bed and sturdy walls. Only family will use it, but it's already booked up for most holidays and things. He actually made the door. It's beautiful, and in his typical, adorable Virgo manner, it closes perfectly. Next is the little chandelier with crystal stars. We're almost ready for those first guests!

With all this going on, we have very little time for quiet contemplation... the goats are enjoying the labyrinth though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ~ lovely photos ! the goats look very happy in their labyrinth! ~ I know what you mean about the Virgoneon perfection !! Mum is one of those too !! Nice door Rick !!
Kim...oh...er....what's a Twinkie !?