Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cast and Crew...

It occurs to me that while all the people on this trip are familiar to me, you don't have any idea who they are... sorry! Let me introduce them to you...
Above we have my sisters and me. On the left is Jill - the Baby - in the middle is Linda, who also happens to be the middle sister. I'm on the right. We always pose in our proper stairstep order - at least when we're thinking about it.


This is Aunt Camy. She's my Dad's sister, and we all lover her to bits. She is the founder of the "Aunt Camy Present", which is a small gift, usually given only to the girls at any family gathering. She started this with tiny hand-thrown pottery bowls years ago, and to this day, I still sort of collect tiny bowls. This trip she brought special angel figures for my sisters and me. She said she's always thought of us as her angels... that's high praise, to be sure. My little angel is on my windowsill in the bedroom, where I see her every night and every morning.


Here's Linda again, with her husband Steve. More on Steve in the next installment, but for now I'll just say that he's a very funny guy.


Here's Kelsey and Chelsea. Kelsey's is in the front, and belongs to Steve and Linda. Chelsea is her best friend. Having two fifteen-year-old girls along was a lot of fun for everyone but Steve and Linda. Remember yourself at 15?


Here's Jill with new beau Mike. I thought he held up really well under the family scrutiny. I think he's OK!


And even though she's not a family member, our wonderful housekeeper, Carol Lynn, was a delightful surprise addition to the group. She took super-good care of us, and always had time to chat and help us find whatever we needed. Our very own Grand Canyon Angel.

So there you are. Now you know everyone. I have only one more set of silly pictures to show you. Then it's back to life in Taos... until we go on the next little trip... Yep! Back to the Grand Canyon in July!

No comments: