Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Sunrise

On Saturday morning, our first morning at the Grand Canyon, some bobo's car alarm went off right outside our window at 5:30 AM. He drove all over the park with his rental car a-larming, so our whole group woke up, muttered various things, and then mostly chose to go back to sleep. I, on the other hand, muttered quite a bit, and then realized this was a good chance to see the sunrise at the Canyon. I'm not generally an early riser, so it seemed like a good idea to take advantage of the tourist alarm system. I hopped out of bed, threw on some clothes, grabbed my camera, and rushed to the rim, leaving Rick to catch up a little bit later. As I watched the sky get brighter and the light begin to shift on the Canyon, I started thinking of the Keb Mo song that goes, "... it might be God trying to get your attention...". Maybe... I can't say for sure, but I didn't see what was actually in this picture until I got it home and onto my computer screen... Do you see the figure on the right-hand side of the photo? I think it must be the Sunrise God... (click the photo to make it bigger... most metaphysical things are hard to spot at first)


Saturday was a busy one, with part of the group taking a hike along the rim trail to Hermit's Rest, and the other part taking the car with Aunt Camy because hiking isn't her thing anymore. We met at some stops along the way to compare notes, and we all had the same beautiful views.







After all that hiking, whether on foot or in the car, we all needed food and rest. Good thing I thought to bring a wash tub and a big jar of Tired Old Ass... hey - I didn't name it, but I kind of wish I did... it's a great soak for your tired old anything!

No comments: