Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Last of the Grand Canyon Photos...

Mostly silly stuff this round. There are gobs of gorgeous art pictures on the internet. This trip certainly about being at the Grand Canyon, but it was even more about all of us being together. When you're more or less "camping" in a National Park, night life and entertainment for teenagers is challenging at times. We were up to it though. Never a dull moment when you're hanging with The Miles Girls!

Hiking is sort of the "duh" form of entertainment, but once you get out there, there's nothing "duh" about it. A bunch of us (not me) went trekking on the South Kaibab Trail one morning. They brought back pictures. How nice of them! Aunt Camy and I had a wonderful time going out for breakfast, and then hitting the gift shops. Our feet felt a lot better at the end of the day too!






It was hot, so eating ice cream was a popular past time...

... so was playing Mary Poppins under an umbrella...

...or seeking shade under a favorite tree...

Heck... even dirty feet can become Art if you look at them right. Kelsey graciously and tickle-ishly allowed me to trace the heart I saw on the bottom of her sweet little tootsies.


Evening entertainment might be a goofy game of Twilight Hacky Sack...






... or some time with the pool sharks at the bar in the lodge...




Of course eating is always a big thing with my family.




But we don't overlook important cultural activities... like Family Fashion Shows... this is Steve wearing my very cute shoes. Told you he's funny. I think the hotel called Security at about this point...


..but not before the Girls had a chance to cool off in the wind tunnel... OK - I did it too, but since I was the Papparazzi, there's no proof! But hey... even Marilyn Monroe appreciated the wonderfulness of a little breeze under a skirt!



Almost done... but I want to show you what Steve and the Girls did with one of my Beadist Stickers. It's on the stairs leading up to the lodge from the train tracks. I think we might start a new web page using this as a jumping off point. You know - something like, "Where's Your Sticker?" I'll keep you posted on that.



And here we are, at the end of the Great Miles Family Grand Canyon Adventure. Rick and I love the place beyond reason. We're going back in July, to the North Rim this time, to spend my 50th birthday there. Until then... back to Taos!

No comments: