Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunday evening


This is where we had dinner last night - at Karena's lovely new home... it's an Earthship! A what? Yes, an Earthship. I'm not showing you the house itself because these places are easy to see from the highway, and I don't want crazy whackos to know where she lives. But here's a link to the Earthship Biotecture website. I think it would be fabulous to live off the grid. We're looking at what we can do with solar power once we move to Oregon. The glitch for me is I need really reliable electricity to run my kiln. I know it can be done. I just need to find someone to tell me how. No hurries or worries. Meanwhile, it's so nice to go to another part of town, gaze off across the mesa, and feel like we're on a little vacation. Champagne always helps!

We're leaving on Wednesday for the Grand Canyon! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I'll have beads for sale on Tuesday, and as soon as we drop them in the mail on Wednesday morning, we're outta here for a week! Wee ha!

No comments: