Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2007

too much fun...

How many things can we do in one weekend? I worked all day yesterday, and then we dashed off to the Glam Trash Fashion Show at the Stables Gallery. A pretty fabulous fashion experience...





Our friend, Katy George, made a hat embellished with a real live dead mouse, and also a bat - gifts from her cats. I tried to take a video, but alas... no luck.. Quite a crowd though. Taos is all about unusual entertainment.

On our way to the car, we realized we were missing Music From Angelfire at the TCA. but were lucky to catch one of the violinists practicing in the parking lot. Asphalt Culture at it's finest...



We were headed for the benefit for the Lost Boys of Sudan, at Taos Country Club. Not a great turnout, since the stupid Taos News didn't mention a word about it. But it was a good, supportive group, and I think they managed to raise some money for Project Education Sudan. These guys are a true inspiration. They even humored us with a bit of dancing. They hadn't brought drums with them from Denver, and when they asked if anyone here has a drum, we all laughed and said everyone in Taos has a drum, but none of us brought them either! Someone dashed home, grabbed a drum, and we got a little taste of traditional songs from Sudan. I was going to post another video here, but it's not very good, and Blogger takes forever to load a video. So here's a not-very-good picture...



After this, we went to dinner at Bravo with Deborah and Thomas. Nice to sit in a quiet place and catch up. These guys are as "too busy" as we are.

While we were doing all this, Lauren was working at the Russian Night auction at the Fechin Inn. The necklace I donated was sold in the silent auction for a mere $250. a steal for someone. I'm really kind of insulted and grumpy about it. I'm promising myself to never ever donate a piece to a silent auction again. Never..... but at least Lauren looked cute as a little Russian Chick.




Today... I want to sit still, in the shade, and I want everyone around me to whisper if they must speak... I'm tired...

No comments: