Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Beads in Oprah Magazine!


I was flipping through my December issue of "O", and in one of the gift-giving sections, I spotted Bead Pens! The very same pens we've been using for a few years now, all put together with lampwork beads. Thrilling! The beads weren't great, and the website listed is very disappointing... BUT, any time handmade beads are out there in the Big World, beyond just the Bead World, it's cause for celebration. I have a dream... that one day everyone will know about what we beadmakers do, and we'll "hit the streets" in a more mainstream market. That will mean more good beadmakers will be able to make a living at what they do, and the crummy lazy beadmakers will wander off as the bead-buying public becomes better educated about beads, and demands better quality.

Meanwhile, I haven't done up any BeadPens for a while... I think I'll order a few and make some special beads for them. Since Oprah's giving us the promo, we'd all be smart to jump on that board and ride the wave!

No comments: