Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween in Taos

Morning seems to be the worst possible time to post a blog...
My theory: Everyone is at work, drinking coffee and secretly blogging at their desks, on the boss's time. That's what I think.

I have a lot of fun pictures from our Halloween adventure, but can't get them to load right now. So I'll go post beads (tons of beads today!), and come back later with a festive intermission. Come back later! I'll be here!
~~~
OK - time warp.... I'm back with pictures. It's after 10PM here now, and I think most of the office workers/bloggers in the US have gotten out of my way. It's hard to load pictures when half the country is doing the same thing! But here we are. A little patience and a sense of humor go a long way in E-land.

Now that it's kind of over, I just wanted to show you how much Taos loves Halloween. Every year we head down to the John Dunn shops, where it seems like every kid in town is dressed up and looking for a handout. They get it too! The shop owners dress up and pass out truckloads of candy. It's quite a sight. A real family thing, with parents dressed up alongside their kids, and a lot of "adults", like us, just there to take it all in.

Here I am with baby Sawyer. He's dressed as a lamb. Very cute, but he wasn't convinced. I had to keep pointing out all the things with wings to keep him from crying. Like my costume? The funny thing is, it's a pretty regular outfit for me, except for the striped socks. I save those for special occasions.
I really think I need these shoes to go with them!
This is Sawyer again, with Mom, and Dad. (Shawn and Rachel)

I don't know the rest of these people, but I did like their faces - especially this little guy. He was so happy to smile for the camera! And if I had a little dog, I'd make it dress up. Yes I would.








I think you should all come to Taos next year for Halloween. Really.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Drinking coffee and posting on their office computers-never!
So you think the bogdown in blogland is due to all the halloween pictures?
I can't wait.

See ya. Ryan

Anonymous said...

Oh! I want to come for Halloween next year!!!

Anonymous said...

I did not realize that soooo many people would be there...looks like a whole lot of fun. Soooo sorry we missed it...sometimes work has to take a pause.
Deborah