Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

Leonard Cohen

Have you seen, "I'm Your Man"? - the new Leonard Cohen tribute film? All thumbs are up in our house. See it! Not a big Cohen fan? There's still time. The man is too amazing for words. Words are his domain, and there's no use trying to out-do him. Just see the movie. We saw it at the local community theater a while back, and ran right home to pre-order it on DVD. It finally arrived yesterday, so we watched it last night. Again, it took my breath away... guess it will tell you a lot about what I think is cool...

I'm posting beads today, so think I'll end here. I have a growing list of things I want to talk about, including words and the English language and how pitifully little of it we actually use... any language experts out there? Is it possible to really know an entire language? We'll get back to that later...

Happy Friday y'all. See you back at the Beadist Ranch later...

1 comment:

Janet said...

I love Leonard Cohen. Thanks for the review of the movie. I haven't seen it so I'll go in search of the DVD. I think our language skills have just about disappeared. I love reading old letters written long ago. They had such a way of stating everyday things so beautifully. I don't think we have to go back to "flowery" ways but I do like how they actually put some thought into what they wrote.

I took a look at your website. Wow! Your beads are gorgeous!!